As this Focus edition reaches you, our 2023 AGM and Conference will be days away… While the closing date has passed, it is possible to receive late registrations for daily in-person attendance and for those preferring Zoom. If you wish to stay where the event is being held at the Naumi Auckland Airport Hotel, registering through our National Office needs to happen urgently. You should email email@example.com or phone us on 0800 222 694.
The official programme for our 2023 AGM and Conference starts at 9am Friday 13 October, and finishes following the dinner on Saturday evening, 14 October. If you are registering to stay at the hotel, this includes accommodation and dinner for Thursday night, and breakfast Friday morning. On Thursday afternoon 12 October, for in-person attendees there are opportunities for interested members to come together in an informal setting, to hear about, discuss and | or contribute to the following topics.
Anyone interested in the following informal activities on Thursday afternoon should contact our National Office and let us know please:
- Blind Citizens NZ’s Te Tiriti o Waitangi mahi (2:30pm-4pm);
- the importance of Braille and Blind Citizens NZ establishing a Braille Special Interest Network (4:05pm-5:05pm); and
- Guide Dog Handlers and Blind Citizens NZ’s Special Interest Network (5:10pm-6:10pm.
During the opening we welcome the Mangere Bridge School Kapa Haka group. Then we have an array of guest presenters each speaking to our theme ‘Challenging Others, Challenging Ourselves’… In no particular order and excluding their respective topics, presenters include:
- Paula Tesoriero – Chief Executive Whaikaha (official opening);
- Paul Hutcheson – Paul operates his own mediation business;
- Prudence Walker – Kaihautū Tika Hauātanga Disability Rights Commissioner;
- Joy Lanini – National Manager Connections and Funding, Your Way | Kia Roha;
- Ben O’Meara – one of six Deputy Chief Executives to the Chief Executive Whaikaha | responsible of Policy, Strategy and Partnerships;
- Robbie Francis-Watene – Co-founder of the Lucy Foundation.
- Clive Lansink – Chair RNZFB Board of Directors.
If you are unable to join us in in person, we encourage you to think about the Zoom option where you can join using technology or phone in. If you would like to know more, call our National Office on 0800 222 694.