The New Zealand Government continues to put the strongest measures in place possible, to protect us all. For more information about changes in Alert Levels, COVID-19 Vaccination, and the most up to date COVID-19 information, visit Government’s COVID-19 Website here https://covid19.govt.nz
Blind Citizens NZ is advocating for, and working towards New Zealand becoming a fully inclusive society, where blind, deafblind and vision impaired people can lead rich, full and independent lives with confidence and dignity.
To support our work, we have created a social awareness campaign. The aim of the campaign is to educate the general public about some of the key issues faced by the blind community – and what they can do about it. It is based on the notion that…
“It shouldn’t be hard for our blind citizens to beat everyday obstacles”
To bring this idea to life, we wanted to exaggerate what it’s like for a blind person to negotiate everyday obstacles.
You can check out our campaign messages by visiting this link.
Blind Citizens NZ is a national organisation of, and for, blind citizens of New Zealand.
Founded in 1945, Blind Citizens NZ:
- Blind Citizens NZ has branches throughout New Zealand.
- Advocates on blindness-related issues.
- Assists government and health agencies, local authorities, utilities and other organisations in improving services to blind people.
- Provides opportunities for blind people to meet, socialise, and support each other by sharing information and experiences.
On this website you can:
- Access our publications such as our quarterly magazine Focus, recordings of our weekly telephone-based Feedback Line, and fact sheets, position papers, petitions and submissions.
- Keep up to date with our work on issues affecting blind people and our advocacy in these areas.
- Find out how you can support Blind Citizens NZ.
- Keep in touch with local branch activities and what are our members are doing.
- Find national and branch contact information.
- Join Blind Citizens NZ or renew your membership.
- Register on the site.
Please feel free to look around and find out for yourself what Blind Citizens NZ is all about. We invite you to contact us and pass on any feedback and suggestions for improvement. Or if you register as a user of this website, why not post a comment in the discussion forum to see what others are thinking.