Blind Citizens NZ will be holding our AGM and Conference in Invercargill at the Ascot Park Hotel. We start with the official opening Friday morning 7 October, finishing with dinner and organisational awards the evening of Saturday 8 October. If you are interested in attending but yet to register, there is time to do so. You can attend in -person or virtually via ZOOM.
Darren Ludlow long-standing Invercargill City Councillor and Radio Southland’s Station Manager is doing the honours and carrying out the official opening.
Guest presenters over the two days are:
▪ Hon Poto Williams Minister for Disability Issues;
▪ Ms Ronelle Baker Senior Advisor Census Accessibility Statistics NZ | Tatauranga Aotearoa;
▪ Ms Paula Tesoriero (MNZM) Chief Executive Whaikaha – Ministry of Disabled People;
▪ Latoa Halatau-Talagi (MNZM | Beamish Memorial), Co-Chair Pacific Disability Forum | Member of Government’s Community Steering Group | National Enabling Good Lives;
▪ Leo McIntyre, Chair Balance Aotearoa | Member of DPO Coalition delegation to Geneva;
▪ Thomas Bryan (Beamish Memorial) | second country delegate to World Blind Union | Member-for-Life Blind Citizens NZ;
▪ Clive Lansink (Beamish Memorial) | Director Accessible Information Communications | Member-for-Life Blind Citizens NZ
For more information, or to register email email@example.com Alternately phone 0800 222 694.
We’ll update with more information and the agenda in the near future.