The Great Barrier Brief - register of issues - blind people speaking for ourselves
This is a concise list of the most important issues Blind Citizens NZ feels must be addressed if blind and vision impaird people are to live fully productive lives in today's society. The areas covered include:
- Public transport
- Access to public information
- Technology and appliances
- Audio description
- Funding for blindness related services
- Our right to cast an independent vote in state elections
- The right of blind and vision impaired students to an equitable education
- Access to today's built environment
- aWareness of blindness amongst today's service providers.
This document was launched at our Wellington Seminar on 22 July 2008 and will guide our work for the next few years. Over time, "briefs' will be prepared and posted here to give more detail on each of the issues identified in this document.
|Issues Register-The Great Barrier Brief.16font.doc||60.5 KB|
|55287 Great Barrier Brief.pdf||533.65 KB|